Monday, December 12, 2016

- Dog Post- You're breath is gonna kill me!

I cannot believe how bad my dogs breath smells. It's completely unbelievable! I keep thinking brushing will help but it doesn't last and I'm not sure why they think bacon and cheese flavor is going to help. I thought humans have bad morning breath but that is a relief to smell compared to my dog. I have found the trick though. When I first started making these I was using dried products because I didn't think it would make a difference. Well it does and I completely understand it now. Dried takes out all the flavor and nutrients. While you still taste it in foods it's half the flavor than it was. As a matter of fact, I know completely understand why they put parsley sprigs on your plate at restaurant. This also helps with bad breath in humans too! Anyway, back to the recipe! I'm using ac stock photo for the moment because I haven't made them in a while. I will be making some this week and be posting them in this post. Anyway, enjoy helping your dog naturally freshen breath. No more buying the chemical stuff! --------------------------------------------- Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats, 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped 1 large egg (see tip below for dogs with allergies to chicken products) 1/4 cup of water, plus 1 teaspoon 3 tablespoons coconut oil (unrefined extra-virgin is best) --------------------------------------------- Directions: Preheat the oven to 325° F Add oats to a blender and pulse to a flour like consistency. In a large bowl whisk together diced parsley and mint, egg, water, and oil. Add oat flour and stir to combine. Knead dough a few times then turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten dough to about 1/8″ thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife cut out approximately 40 (1-inch mints) mints. Place mints about 1/4-inch a part on a parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Allow mints to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container. Tip: For dogs with allergies to chicken products, substitute one large egg with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment