Sunday, December 18, 2016

Just Keep Swimming

So Christmas Break is in FULL swing here and my Sweet P is having cabin fever already. I have literally been searching everywhere for something easy that can keep a toddlers attention and be interesting. I have figured out that keeping my child's attention is quite simple as long as she has something healthy to munch on. Apples, Mandarin Oranges, Peaches, Mott's Gummies or Sunkist (no artificial colors or flavors) or even a bowl of goldfish. That is when I found this amazing little craft that is just perfect for a Mommy/Daddy and kid(s) craft. I LOVE doing them with my daughter, great bonding time. So, what you're gonna need is 2 Paper plates, goldfish (any color, any size. We used Pretzel just because I LOVE them), construction paper, crayons, Glue (parent supervised super glue), Cherrio's, Saran wrap in blue if you can find it. Silver fingernail polish, crayons and hot glue gun, (Parent supervision of course) You begin by cutting a hole in one plate, grabbing those cherrio's and gluing them down onto the outside of the plate. Paint the oh's silver and set it to the side. This is where it get's fun! Grab the other plate. Grab your construction paper and start cutting out underwater weeds, and coloring on the plate to make it resemble the ocean floor. Don't forget it does NOT have to be perfect. This is a do it yourself and make it special project. After you get your plants and back ground done, grab those cute little goldfish (if you haven't munched them all gone) and starts gluing them to your paper plate. No specific order. Grab the Other plate and grab that blue saran wrap and cut a circle big enough to fit over the hole. Glue it down and make sure it's completely dried before you do anything else with it. Start adding your Plant Life on your plate and you'll see it's turining into your own personal porthole to the sea. After you secure your plant life down, grab your other plate and begin to secure it with your glue gun. You can add any type of hanging device. I wouldn't recommend you putting in the bathroom though. To much humidity might mess it up. I hope you enjoy this project. It's a complete blast to do with your child. I'm going to post a stock photo of it because Paislie's is down stairs and I didn't get a picture. It's extremly cold and I'm not getting out of my covers. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Holiday break!

No comments:

Post a Comment