Friday, December 16, 2016

Pumpkin and Peanut Butter

As you can tell I absolutely love my dog. I hate buying over the counter dog treats. They smell horrible and they have very little healthy nutrient in them. It seems most of them consist of oils and crude fats. I care about my dog much more than that and have found some amazing recipes for natural dog treats that are simple to make and very easy to clean up. Today my daughter and I made Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Treats. We used 2 cups of wheat flour, 1 egg,1/2 cup of pumpkin and 1/3 cup of peanut butter, parchment paper, cookie sheet, cookie cutters and a rolling pin pre heat oven to 350... Do not use a mixer of any kind. This is a very dry mixture and I ended up using my hands to mix it. I really hope that you have a rolling pin because it's very needed with this. As soon as we got it all in a ball I started kneeling it more. It's so crumbly. I pretty much looked every where for a sturdy cup though and used it as a rolling pin. I grabbed my parchment paper and plopped that big ball down and started smashing it. Now I realize how weak I am. I couldn't even begin to get it flat. About a 1/2 in thick..It took a bit for me at first but I got it! Cookie cutters of course make it tons more fun. I do not make them in biscuit shape, it's so boring. We used lips, a dress, a high heel shoe, a heart and my favorite, Batman. We rolled and places and rolled and placed. After we places as many as we could on the parchment covered cookie sheet, we pipped it in the oven And set the timer for 40 minutes. We kept going though and just kept repeating until we used every bit of dough. I had a tiny quarter sized piece left so I flattened it and threw it on the extra cookies we needed to bake. I can't say to a human they smell great in the oven to human noses but it's not to bad. Over all, it was pretty fun to make. I think 40 minutes might be a bit long so check after 20 minutes. The 40 minutes was a bit crisp which I'm sure she won't mind. Anyway, enjoy making these and if you have littles let them help. This is a very easy mess to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment