Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pups need love at Christmas Time - Recipe Inside.

Well it's that time of year. Sparkling lights, Christmas trees everywhere and quite a bit of giving. I love giving my dog presents even though I'm not sure she even has a clue what is going on. Either way I love doing it so I don't feel like I'm leaving her out. I'm not fond of store bought treats. Have you ever just put your nose to them and actually smell them. I'm not sure as a dog I would ever eat them. Anyways this recipe is cool proof and fun. If you have little ones, you can make these after Santa's cookies are made that way your sweet pup doesn't bother Santa while he's laying out those presents. No one wants our little ones awake. So, below is the recipe. Get creative with your cookie cutters and have fun! My sweet Piper is below! Don't forget to share the treats with other pup friends!
INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
(see note below for substitutions)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg
***NOTE: if you want to make these wheat free, you can use rice flour of coconut flour***


Instructions

preheat oven to 350F
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and the egg.
Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough.
The dough becomes very firm and sticky.
You may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.keep in an airtight container or give as gifts!

Notes:
Try to stay away from non natural peanut butter.
If you'd like to change the flavor,  pumpkin or sweet potato.

1 comment: